UPDATED 16th October
Driving Lessons still going ahead even though Lancashire and Liverpool are in the new Tier 3 – Highest level of Covid Restrictions.
Liverpool and Lancashire are now at the highest level alert for COVID. This DOES NOT affect driving lessons. We cleanse all touchpoints between lessons, provide hand sanitiser and wear masks for your safety. Your safety is our number 1 priority. 🙂
What We Are Doing To Keep You Safe.
We are following all the government, DVSA and DIA guidelines to keep you safe. You will be given the full breakdown and information directly from your instructor, you can find the guidance here and the main pointers to take notice of are:
- face masks/coverings are to be used by both instructor and learner
- car to be sanitised between each lesson
- hand sanitiser to be used on entry and exit of the car
- briefings/learning points to be done outside the car when possible
- windows to be open and air con off when possible to allow ventilation.
- all instructor to carry out health and safety risk assessments
- Requesting you download and use the NHS COVID 19 Track and trace app.
What You Need to Do to Keep Safe.
- If you have any COVID symptoms, call your driving instructor immediately and cancel your lesson.
- Then follow the governments advise on how long to isolate for and/or get a COVID test.
- If you have some symptoms then please cancel your lesson and monitor your situation.
- If you have come in contact with someone who has COVID, then please inform us immediately.
- If at all indoubt, call your instructor and they will help you as much as possible.
NHS Track and Trace App
Although while you have driving lessons in a car that isn’t a physical location, we dont require you to login in via the QR code. We do request that you download and use the app. This will speed up the tracking of the COVID situation and allow us to quickly stop driving lessons if anyone has a positive test result.
You can download the app here:
- Google – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.nhs.covid19.production
- Apple – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1520427663
COVID 19 Symptoms
The main symptoms of COVID 19 as described by the government are (but not exclusively) as follows:
- Having a high temperature. This means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough. This means coughing a lot, (for more than an hour), or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss of taste or smell.
Practical Driving Tests and COVID 19
Your driving test will be slightly different currently to help with the protection on the driving examiners. The main differences are:
- No access to the test centre waiting room. You wait at your car and the examiner comes to you
- Examiner will wipe down the car and/or wear a mask and gloves.
- If you have a Serious fault, the examiner will direct you back to the test centre instead of carrying on with the rest of the test.
Further Information Can Be Found
Here are the links to further information about what you can do to keep safe and the official guidance from local authorities etc and useful links: