Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions set out the basis on which you can use our website and place orders for items from 123 Driving School Limited. By ordering goods from 123 Driving School Limited you are deemed to have understood and accepted these terms. The supplier of the goods featured is 123 Driving School Limited (“123 Driving School”, “123-drive”, “we”, or “us”).
- You may contact us by email at [email protected]. Telephone calls to and from 123 Driving School Limited may be recorded or monitored as part of our efforts to further improve service to our clients.
- We may contact you for marketing purposes by email, mail or telephone with relevant offers from 123 Driving School. We may also contact you for market research purposes.
- Registered Address: Cotton Court, Church Street, Preston PR1 3BY Registered in England and Wales. Company registration number:08839739
- 123 Driving School will not disclose buyers’ information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party. Data collected by us, is used to take and fulfill customer orders, administer and enhance the site and service and we will only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes and inform you of seminars we think may be of interest to you, however, you will always be given the option to opt-out of receiving these emails.
- Cookies are small text files used by a large percentage of websites assist a website in providing high quality, fully functional websites. They are an integral part of providing an online shopping website.
- In addition to being necessary to allow you to use all parts of this website some cookies also collect information about how you use our website and so that we may improve how people experience this website.
- By using and browsing our website you are consenting to cookies being used in accordance with this policy. If you do not consent you can disable cookies from within your browser settings. For more information on doing this please visit aboutcookies.org.
- Orders will not be despatched until payment has been received in full and our order handling agency has confirmed this.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards with the exception of American Express.
- Card details are checked and verified by a third party and goods are despatched once authorisation has been obtained. All payments made in our online shop are handled by a secure third party payment handling company and no credit card numbers are held in clear text on any website.
- Vouchers are sold to be used within six months and are not refundable.
- A contract is formed between 123 Driving School and you when we despatch the goods you have ordered. Until the goods are despatched the order may be cancelled. Exceptions apply to personalised items and goods made to order, which cannot be cancelled once you have received email confirmation that your order has been accepted. For a list of exceptions please see Returns below. For security reasons, we may restrict the volumes of certain items to be sold in any one transaction. If you are ordering from outside of the UK, our payment partner will convert your order into your relevant currency. We aim to despatch your order within 24 hours, however, this may be longer during busy periods. If you need your order urgently, please call us and we will do what we can to assist.
- Driving tuition: Has its own set of Terms and conditions please see below.
- Driving Course & Lesson refunds: please see “Refunds” below.
Postage & Packaging, Delivery & Charges
- We do not charge extra for standard delivery. Postage within the UK mainland is sent by Royal Mail First Class. If you’d like your order delivered urgently, we offer a Royal Mail Next Day service £5.99 (within the mainland UK, excludes Northern Ireland). Items are generally dispatched within 24 hours. Please call us if your order is urgent; we can arrange express shipping on most items for a small extra charge. Overseas orders will be quoted before dispatch: we can ship to most countries, please call or email for a quote.
- If your order goes missing, let us know and we’ll promptly make a claim with the delivery company and dispatch a replacement product for you.
- You may return any item at your expense within 7 working days of receipt, in a new and unused condition and in its original packaging.
- Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive, which can be found at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/2334/contents/made.
- Prices of goods displayed in and ordered through the website may differ from prices at live events and seminars.
- All products are sold on the basis that they are suitable for the use described by the manufacturer.
- All orders for products are subject to availability.
Your right of cancellation
- You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 7 days after you receive the goods or vouchers (see below). Please note that this policy has some limitations.
- Except in the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, if you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered to you, you will be responsible for returning the goods to The Behaviour Expert at your own cost. The goods must be returned to the address shown within the Contact Us section of the website. You must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling the contract, we will refund or re-credit you within 14 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
- Except in the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, if you do not return the goods as required, we may charge you a sum not exceeding the direct costs of recovering the goods.
- If you do have a complaint please write to 123 Driving School Limited, Cotton Court, Church Street, Preston PR1 3BY. We welcome and learn from feedback and aim to deal with complaints speedily and sympathetically. All complaints are logged, investigated and replied to.
- Complaints about driving tuition have their own process (see below).
- © Copyright 2013 123 Driving School Limited – all rights reserved.
LEARNER DRIVER TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor (your ‘Instructor’) who is a self-employed driving instructor “franchise” of 123 Driving School Limited (123-Drive – Driving School).
These Terms and Conditions apply to that contract (between your instructor and you the customer).
123 Driving School is NOT party to that contract. They only act in a “booking and service agency capacity” between you and your instructor.
• The Driving Instructor shall provide you with driving tuition at the rate per hour as agreed prior to the commencement of your lessons. The Current prices for driving tuition can be found at prices-of-driving-lessons-courses. This allows you to make an informed decision of which method of payment is best for you (e.g. Pay as you go or Block bookings).
• In the event of a mechanical breakdown of the tuition vehicle, or for any other reasonable reason, the Driving Instructor reserves the right to rearrange a driving lesson to a time convenient to both you and the Instructor. If your instructor cancels a lesson within 48 hours and without a reasonable reason then your next hour of tuition will be free of charge or added to the end of a block booking. This must be confirmed with your driving instructor at the time of cancellation, retrospective claims will not be accepted.
• Lessons will be for a minimum of 1 hour in duration, if for any reason the instructor is running late he/she will make a concerted effort to inform the pupil of his estimated time of arrival. Should the delay be greater than 15 minutes this time will be adjusted either by holding to credit or extending the next suitable lesson, this will be made at the driving instructors own discretion.
• All fees include relevant insurance cover whilst driving the Tuition vehicle, (provided the pupil holds a valid licensed to drive and is of the correct age to drive.). And is accompanied by, or under the direction of a Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency Driving Instructor (Car) or on a Driving Test with an approved DVSA Examiner(s).
• If in the view of the Instructor, the pupil is unfit to carry out the lesson safely, due to self-induced circumstances (e.g. Alcohol or Drugs) a cancellation charge will apply.
• The Driving Instructor will always abide by the voluntary ‘Driving Instructors Code of Conduct’ (introduced by the Driving Standards Agency).
• The Driving instructor will also abide by the ‘Driving Instructors Association’s Code Of Conduct‘ (found at www.driving.org/dia-code-of-conduct).
• The training car is a NO Smoking area.
• To take on-road lessons, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required licence to drive under the tuition of an Instructor. To have driving lessons in a motor vehicle, you must be at least 17 years old (but if you receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance, you can drive at 16.) and hold a valid provisional driving licence. You will be required to “share you licence entitlement” with your driving Instructor before your first lesson and have you plastic driving licence available to check at the start of your first lesson. You also will be required to read a number plate.(The distance requirement for the eyesight test using old style number plates is 20.5 metres or 20 metres if the new-style number plate is used.)
• You must pay for each lesson in advance or at the start of a lesson. Payment for the current or next lesson should be made direct to your instructor. We accept payment by Cash, Bank Transfer or Online (transaction fees may apply). Pre-payment lessons are accepted on the understanding no refunds will not be given. • You must give the Instructor at least 48 hours notice if you wish to cancel or change a driving lesson, otherwise, you will still be liable for the lesson fee in respect of that lesson. The only exception to this is on medical grounds where an applicable supporting document must be made available (e.g. doctors note) or other reasonable reason (with certified proof).
The Driving Test
• 123 Driving School and your Driving Instructor reserves the right to withhold the training vehicle, if in the Instructors opinion; the pupil does not reach the required standard or is a danger to the public, all reasonable effort will be made to ensure the candidate will be informed before the last date to cancel the test so as not to lose their test fee. The school cannot be held responsible for Test Appointments being postponed or cancelled by the Driving Standards Agency and our normal charges will apply. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any failure of light bulbs etc. during the Practical test. All bulbs/lights etc. will be checked at the start of the lesson, with the candidate.
Your Practical test
- Test Fees are not included in the price of driving tuition.
- On your Driving Test you must ensure that you bring with you, your Theory Test Pass Certificate and Your valid UK or Northern Ireland Driving Licence (This must be a new style photo-card license).
- You are responsible to ensure you have given your driving instructor the correct details (Time, date and test centre) of your test.
• Your instructor accepts no liability for personal property that is left in any training vehicle. However, all efforts will be made to keep any lost property and return them on the next lesson or they can be collected at the end of the day from the Instructors home or place of work.
• All pupils should ensure that Mobile Phones are switched off, prior to entering the tuition vehicle, for safety reasons. Please also not our Instructor’s will not use a mobile phone whilst the vehicle is moving on a driving lesson. If you need to contact the occupants in an emergency then keep calling and when safe the car will be stopped and the mobile answered.
- Vouchers sold by 123 Driving School Ltd or our Driving Instructors have a 6 (Six) Month expiry from the date you purchase them.
- We do not give refunds on vouchers.
We DONT normally offer refunds for unused hours.
If you want any remaining hours refunded, YOU MUST get your driving instructor to agree with it in writing before you pay/start your driving lessons(s) or course.
YOU MUST be fully up-to-date with any payments and have no previously cancelled lessons to be considered for a refund.
When we do work our a refund we use the following widely accepted processes:
If you pay per hour for driving lessons:
If you pay per hour then you will be entitled to the amount you have paid for that lesson minus our admin fee of £25.
e.g. if you have paid £50 for the lessons you will be given £50-£25 = £25 refund
If you have paid upfront for a driving lesson(s), a driving course or have paid through a special offer or discounted rate:
We will work out any refunds due by using our hourly rate for any lessons taken minus our admin fee. You will also lose and booking fees and or deposits you have paid before the course. You may also lose any DVSA test fee if we have booked this and its to late to change or cancel it in line with the DVSA’s policy.
e.g. if you pay for 10 hours of tuition and only use 6 hours, we will work out any refund due by multiplying the current hourly rate by 6 (amount used) adding the admin fee (£25) and then taking it away from the amount you paid to then have the remaining balance refunded.
This example above would mean you would have 6 hours charged at £168 add £25 (admin fee) = £193. You will then have 193 subtracted from the amount you paid (£230 in this example) which will then give you the amount due as a refund £37 in this example.
Payments made to 123 Driving School and/or your Driving Instructor
Where 123 Driving School Limited receives your payments for driving tuition, makes bookings with, or arranges payments to your Instructor, they act solely in a disclosed booking agency capacity between you and your instructor.
Alternatively, you can pay your Instructor directly. Your instructor will confirm which payment methods they accept. If you pay your Instructor directly you should obtain a receipt. 123 Driving School Ltd is not party to the contract between you and your Instructor and as such it accepts no responsibility for any payments you make directly to your Instructor.
We have a simple to follow complaints process, you must follow each stage before you can move to the next stage:
- Contact you Driving Instructor to try to come to an agreement.
- If you don’t get an agreement you think is correct then you can email the customer service email ([email protected] 123-drive.com) and we will endeavour to investigate all emails fully and reply to your email within 10-14 working days of receiving it (not including any staff holiday time).
- If you are still not happy with the email reply. You can ask for a meeting in person at our head office. This will be with yourself (or a representative if you are under 18), your driving instructor and member of our management team. The idea of this meeting is so that both parties can air their grievances and come to a mutual agreement. This meeting will be arranged by 123 Driving School Ltd on your request at a mutually convenient date.
- If you still believe you have not been provided with a satisfactory business service you can contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau for guidance or if you are still unhappy with your instructor’s professional service, you can contact the ADI Registrar by emailing [email protected].
If you do not follow this complaints procedure, we cannot guarantee a reply.
The images, logos and names on this website which identify 123 driving school or third parties and/or their products and services are held by 123 driving school and/or the relevant third parties.
Whilst 123 Driving School Ltd has taken care in the preparation of the contents of this website, this website and the information held on it.123 Driving School Ltd can not be held liable for any inaccuracies and will accept no liability for the accuracy or completeness of information contained on it, unless via law in England and Wales.
We do not warrant that this website will be uninterrupted or error free, virus or bug-free or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. If you are in doubt please contact us.
Links to other websites
Links (hypertext links) to other websites are given for your ease of use, however, we do not have any control of the content of external websites, as such we can not be held responsible for any inaccuracies or issues you may have when on an external website.